This job has now been filled by Bloomfield Tremayne.
- Work-life Balance, 3-4 Days per Week!
- Convenient Eastern Suburb Location (Close to PT)!
- Amazing Office Space With Views to DIE For!
Our client is an award winning Architectural and Interior Design practice that has a strong hold on the commercial, education and judicial market. With nearly 20 years in the business, this firm is still passionately focused on designing sustainable and diverse projects that will form part of the Melbourne Architectural conversation for years to come.
They are looking for a part time Business Accountant to join their team and manage the business financials both internally and for external clients. They will provide direct support to the senior members of the business, reporting directly to the Practice Manager. This role will be focused on account management, budgets/forecasting, financial management and taxation.
Duties of this role include:
- Prepare accurate monthly accounts and reports
- Prepare and review EOM reconciliations
- Provide timely financial information
- Accurate data entry of financial information in Accounting package
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and business plans
- Continue to analyse, monitor and review performance
- Management of internal and external expenses and providing new efficiencies for savings
- Oversee payroll and spot all discrepancies, inconsistensies
- Ensure returns for Income tax, GST and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- Preparation of tax compliance work (financial statements, income tax returns, BAS/IAS, FBT returns, payroll tax etc)
- To assist in the implementation, control and any upgrades of accounting systems where necessary
- Working closely with IT consultants to ensure users have access to the key components of the operating and accounting systems, ensure adequate training and have the essential reports readily available to facilitate decision making and problem solving
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA or CA qualification
- Bachelor of Commerce/Finance/Accounting
- Minimum 5 years experiences working in the field
- Advanced skills in MYOB and Excel (essential)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extremely organised
- Ability to work confidentially amongst sensitive information
- Ability to produce accurate financial reports
An interest or prior experience in the Design industry is desirable, but not essential. If you are looking for the next step in your career and desire to work amongst creative professionals, this is your opportunity.
Not the right role for you? Do not hesitate to still get in touch with the team here at Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners where the opportunity to work with the leaders in the Architecture and Interior Design field is just a call away.
Reference number: M16805Please Note: Bloomfield Tremayne adhere strictly to the Privacy Act 1989, you can be assured that your information will be kept confidential and not forwarded to a 3rd party without your consent.