Protecting Your Privacy.
Your privacy is important to us. Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners are committed to ensuring that your privacy is maintained at all times. This Privacy / Collection Policy explains how we collect, maintain, use and disclose information.
What is your Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you. It may range from very sensitive information (eg: medical history) to everyday (eg: name, address). It may include opinions of others about work performance, work experience and qualifications, aptitude, psychological assessment results and other information obtained by Bloomfield Tremayne in connection with your possible work placements.
How is Personal Information Collected?
Bloomfield Tremayne only requires personal information for our own use in connection with your placement.
Personal information will be collected from you directly:
- When you submit an application through print advertising or the internet;
- When you attend an interview with one of our consultants.
You can visit and browse our website without disclosing any personal information. Only statistical data is collected when you visit our website. However, if you apply for a position listed on our website, we will collect some personal information about you, which you volunteer by filling in your details such as your name, phone number etc. You may also provide your resume.
Personal information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of enquiries that we might make from your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive feedback on your performance (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- You provide us with any additional information about yourself.
How your information will be used.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placements;
- Payment for work completed on an independent contract basis;
- Follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you may be required to take.
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- Ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing.
Who your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Our clients and your potential and actual employers;
- Our associated companies and subsidiaries;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in your personal information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – eg: our I.T contractors and database designers;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek.
- We will be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
How does Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners protects the security of your information?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
We have a number of safety measures to protect your information. Your personal information is stored in secure offices and in computerised and encrypted databases. All staff at Bloomfield Tremayne are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding company, client and applicant information.
We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify personal information as soon as the law permits, provided all the information is no longer needed by us – eg: tax / timesheet information.
You can gain access to your information if it is wrong
The Privacy Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, please contact your Consultant personally.
External Sites and Job Search Sites.
External sites that are linked to or from the Bloomfield Tremayne web site are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Statement. Users should be aware there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and you should therefore make your assessment of the potential risk to the security of your information.
Our Commitment to You.
Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners will discuss with you and gain your approval before we submit your Personal and Sensitive Information to any of our clients. By giving this approval you authorise Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners to be the only Agent to represent you with those particular clients. In instances where we believe that a job is available and meets your needs, we will take the prerogative and submit your details and make every attempt to contact you to advise you of the role. In such circumstance where another Agency has discussed this role with you, BEFORE WE HAVE, – we will withdraw our submission so as to not disadvantage you.
Any position, practice or project discussed with you by Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners is confidential and may not be disclosed to any other person and certainly NO Agency, without the written consent by Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners. Bloomfield Tremayne & Partners respects the confidentiality of applicants and clients and treats any breaches of this confidentiality very seriously.